What is IGNEOUS ?
BioNome presents Igneous for the brightest students in life sciences to participate and innovate. You are given a platform to prove your skills and to amaze us with your scientific thinking. We challenge you to come up with unique, interesting, and mind-provoking proposals.
Academic marks should never be a barrier for a student to explore and innovate. At BioNome we believe in science for the future. Every perspective matters and a unique idea can make wonders. We motivate young minds to think differently and to unfold impossible possibilities. The selected candidates will get a chance to do a project for 2 months.
The applications for Igneous are called twice a year (Summer call and Winter call). The selected candidates will get a chance to work on a project with our team.
Who can apply?The application is open for life science students pursuing their bachelor’s (only final year students can apply) or post-graduation. NOTE:
- The candidates are expected to have basic bioinformatics knowledge.
- The students in the first and second year of their bachelor’s degree who have already taken complete bioinformatics tools training from BioNome can apply.
How to apply?
- The candidates are expected to register on our website by filling in their details before the deadline.
- The applications are accepted only through the website. Email applications are not accepted.
- Please make sure you are giving a valid email ID and contact information, as these will be used for further communication.
The candidates will go through 3 round selection process. We assess you for your bioinformatics skills.
The first round of screening is based on your academic and research experience. The overall skills of the candidate will be accessed. 50% of the candidates will make it to the next round. The selected candidates will receive an email notification and the results will be updated on our website.
(NOTE: The results will be announced within 15 days after the application deadline).
The selected candidates will take up an examination online. The exam comprises 25 questions that must be completed within 25 minutes. The questions will be of MCQs, HOT’s (Higher Order Thinking questions), and descriptive type.
- A candidate will have only one attempt to take up the exam so make sure you have good internet connectivity before you take up the exams.
- Syllabus: Bioinformatics and Biology
- The results will be announced within one week after the examination.
Selected candidates will receive an email notification and the results will be updated on our website.
The top 5 students from Round 2 are called for a virtual interview wherein you have to present your proposal. The best two proposals are selected and invited for admission.
- The decision of the panel is final.
- The results will be updated within 1 week and the selected candidates will be notified through email.
How does it work?
- The selected candidates will get an opportunity to work on a project with our team.
- The duration of the project is 2 months.
- You have to submit a report to attain a certificate.
Application start date
June 21, 2021
July 25, 2021
Round 1 Result
August 9, 2021
Round 2 Exam
August 17, 2021
Round 2 Result
August 27, 2021
Round 3 (Interview)
September 6 - 20, 2021
Round 3 Result
September 27, 2021
October 1, 2021
Project Completion Deadline
November 30, 2021